16th Annual SWSGA Steel Guitar Show
January 17, 18 & 19, 2019 - 9am to midnight
- Top Steel Guitarists
- Many Genres of Music
- Non-Pedal Steel Session
- 50/50 Raffles
- PSG & Equipment Raffles
- Silent Auctions
- Special Events
- Surprise Performers
- Numerous Vendors
- Technical Demonstrations
A block of rooms has been reserved for January 15, 2019 - January 21, 2019. Special room rates will be available until December 28th or until the group block is sold-out, whichever comes first.
You can make reservations online here.
You can also make reservations by phone at 480-833-5555. You must tell them that you are registering for the Southwestern Steel Guitar Association Show to get the show rate.
Our Group Name is: Southwestern Steel Guitar Association
Our Group Code is: SWG
Confirmed players are: Chuck Back, Bobby Black, Bob Blair, Pete Burak, The Cajun Connection, Jonathan Candler, Dee Carestia, Paul Carestia, Frank Carter, Bob Case, Steve Cattermole, Doug Childress, Carco Clave, Jim Cohen, Richard Comeaux, Johnny Cox, Bill Cunningham, Tommy Dodd, Billy Easton, Mark Giles, Paul Haaker, Russ Hicks, Dick Hitchcock, Carl Johnson, Fred Justice, Chuck Lettes, Doug Livingston, Jay Dee Maness, Hal Merrill, Kenny Morris, Tom Mossburg, Del Mullen, Johnny Oakley, Darrell Owens, Steve Palousek, Ron Pruter, Joe Rogers, Rick Schmidt, Lynn Stafford, Herb Steiner, Larry Toliver, Dan Tyack, Jan Wise, Christopher Woitach, Tom Wolverton, David Wright
Our outstanding house band includes Mark Abbott, Chuck Back, Skip Edwards, Dan Range, and others.
Masters of Ceremony
Billy Easton, Ray Jenkins, Ray Harrison and Darrell Bircher
There will be a Non-Pedal show Saturday afternoon, hosted by Chuck Lettes & Bob Blair.
- Larry Toliver and Steve Palousek - E9 Pedal Steel
- Friday, January 18th, 9am to noon
Intermediate to Advanced
- Larry and Steve will be teaching another great seminar. This year's seminar will be on speed picking on the E9 neck. They will also include a ballad to work with. Be sure to sign up at the registration desk early as Larry and Steve's seminars fill up quickly.
- Basic 101 Playing
- Friday, January 18th, 1pm to ?
- If youíve been playing the steel for awhile or youíre a new player, we want to help you get going. We all know that playing at home is one thing, but playing in a live band setting is a new adventure. We are trying to schedule some players as a back up band to give YOU a chance to play in a band setting. This is going to be a no stress opportunity to play. Want to try out the great information from Larryís class while itís all fresh in your mind, hereís your opportunity. Itís kind of like learning to ride a bike! At some point, we have to let go of the seat! Do you have questions about the settings on you amp, what order do you put the effects pedals in, does the volume pedal come first or last? Hereís your chance!
- Phil Bradbury- Little Walter Tube Amplifiers
- Saturday, January 19th, 9am to noon
- Phil Bradbury will be conducting a free clinic on amplifiers. He will be covering;
- Amplifier Types.
- Tone Stacks and how they work.
- Different types of tubes and their Characteristics.
- The Evolution of the American Instrument Amplifiers.
- Speaker types and Cabinet Designs.
- Hear stories about working with some of the top artists in the musical industry.
- What goes into making and designing a steel guitar amplifier.
- Informational question & answer session.
To register in advance for these seminars, you can send a note and payment to PO Box 1129, Globe, AZ 85502. You can also register at the show.
$5.00 of each student's fee will go to support the SWSGA.
Raffle and Silent Auction items
We are happy to announce that once again, Gretsch Guitars will be donating 2 beautiful guitars?. Telonics will be donating a volume pedal, and Peterson Tuners will be donating a strobe Tuner. There will also be a beautiful hand made Steel Guitar Quilt, along with many other items. These will be auctioned at the show.
- Advance Purchase (must purchase by Jan 10):
- Member - $60 for all 3 days
- Non-member - $65.00 for all 3 days
- At the door
- $25.00 per day, $75.00 for all 3 days
Mail advance ticket payment to:
SWSGA, PO Box 1129
Globe, AZ 85502
There will not be any video recording of the show allowed. This will be announced, posted and strictly enforced.