18th Annual SWSGA Steel Guitar Show
January 13th, 14th & 15th, 2022 - 9am to midnight
- Top Steel Guitarists
- Many Genres of Music
- Non-Pedal Steel Session
- 50/50 Raffles
- PSG & Equipment Raffles
- Silent Auctions
- Special Events
- Surprise Performers
- Numerous Vendors
- Technical Demonstrations
DoubleTree by Hilton Phoenix Mesa1011 West Holmes Avenue, Mesa, Arizona 85210-4923
(the former Hilton Phoenix/Mesa)
A block of rooms has been reserved for January 12, 2022 - January 17, 2022. Special room rates will be available until December 20th or until the group block is sold-out, whichever comes first.
You can make reservations online here.
You can also make reservations by phone at 480-833-5555. You must tell them that you are registering for the Southwestern Steel Guitar Association Show to get the show rate.
Our Group Name is: SWSGA
Our Group Code is: SGA
(preliminary, subject to change) Chuck Back, Bobby Black, Pete Burak, Jonathan Candler, Bob Case, Steve Cattermole, Carco Clave, Brett Crisp, Skip Edwards, Bob Glidden, Paul Haaker, Norm Hamlet, with Mario Carboni, Russ Hicks, Pat James Band, Carl Johnson, Jim Loessberg, Jay Dee Maness, Hal Merrill, Kenny Morris, Tom Mossburg, Steve Palousek, Gary Sill, Mitchell Smithey, Larry Toliver, Uncle Tony, Dan Tyack, Christopher Woitach, David Wright.
Our outstanding house band includes Chuck Back, Skip Edwards, Dan Range, and others.
Masters of Ceremony
Joe Naylor and Ray Jenkins
The Non-Pedal Room will be up and swinging on saturday the 15th, after lunch. This year, Carco Clave will be coordinating the event. If you would like to play the non-pedal session, please contact Carco at (615) 668-1097.
- Larry Toliver and Steve Palousek
- Friday, January 14, 9am to noon
- Steve will be teaching his new version of "The Girl From Ipanema" on E9th. with lots of great changes, beautiful chord melodies, and his amazing solos. Larry will be teaching a version of "Secret Love" similar to Lloyd Green's version. Larry and Steve guarantee that you'll get your moneys worth with complete tabs, tracks and cds. You're welcome to video with your phone or record as you like. The class will be intermediate to advance, however if you are new to the steel guitar, you can still benefit from the class. You're welcome to bring your steel and amp. The class will be $35 and you can email Larry at firstname.lastname@example.org or PM him on the Steel Guitar Forum if you wish to register early.
- Larry Toliver and Steve Palousek
- Saturday, January 15, 9am to noon
- This 2nd class will have Steve covering Empty Glass from their CD. Larry will be teaching All My Lovin', also from their CD. There will be lots of steelin' and tabs and tracks to go along with all of the songs. Pick your day and have a blast with Larry and Steve. Again, you're welcome to bring your steel and amp. Please use headphones to keep the volume down. The class will be $35 and you can email Larry at email@example.com or PM him on the Steel Guitar Forum if you wish to register early.
To register in advance for these seminars, you can send a note and payment to PO Box 1129, Globe, AZ 85502. You can also register at the show.
$5.00 of each student's fee will go to support the SWSGA.
- Jody Cameron
- Desert Rose Guitars
- Emmons Guitar Company
- GFI Musical Products
- Bruce Heffner
- Russ Hicks
- Infinity Guitars
- Carl Johnson
- Justice Guitars
- Jim Loessberg
- Steve Palousek
- Sill Music Supply
- Advance Purchase (must purchase by Jan 7):
- Member - $60 for all 3 days
- Non-member - $65.00 for all 3 days
- At the door
- $25.00 per day, $75.00 for all 3 days
Mail advance ticket payment to:
SWSGA, PO Box 1129
Globe, AZ 85502
There will not be any video recording of the show allowed. This will be announced, posted and strictly enforced.